The life of Janet Anderson Hardy from 1981 to 1999 in San Diego Area, California. Home on Camberwell Lane, Rancho Bernardo 1988-1997.

Hardy Family Reunion, 1996

 









This was actually one of the most fun reunions I thought because those in charge of olympics and awards (see above) had the most fun games and entertainment.  Hopefully I can find more pictures.

It was also very embarrassing to me in the long run.  It was evidently Richard's turn to be honored at a reunion...the parents, Scott and Martin had all been honored and when it was suggested to Richard and he told me I knew that the brunt of it would be my responsibility to prepare, Richard could not honor himself and because we were under such financial straits and Richard was not telling his family,  I was still working very  hard to bring in income and totally exhausted.  I told Richard there was no way I could manage it and he, without telling me, suggested it would be better to honor Kathy, Miriam and Janet.

So the Hardy boys made videos to present,  and information and pictures were supplied by the individual families to Mark and Jim.  Because Richard did not tell me or ask anything of me, some of the information on me was incorrect, but the saddest part was that Richard declared bankruptcy in the fall and died in November so he was never honored at the reunions that he started and did most of the work to make them happen.  I felt so guilty, but this is indicative of Richard's nature.  He knew the pressure on me, took part of it on himself and managed to get it out of our hands and never asked a thing of me.  

I might add I paid my due having to unwind and move on after the Tulare catastrophe which, I feel, shortened Richard's life, and took everything we had.